Sunday, March 15, 2009

Trick Or Treat Fairy Progress

This is my progress on Nora Corbett's Trick Or Treat Fairy. It is third time lucky stitching this design. The first time I cut the fabric too small....second I decided I'd rather stitch it on aida than even weave.....and lucky third.....I threw the aida into a crockpot of strong coffee and let it bubble away for an hour or so outside (I used home brand coffee and it STANK!), swished it through some cold water to get the residue and most of the smell out....and you can see the result! I'm pleased with it. I won't be stitching on it for a couple of weeks because I have some catching up to do on other pieces. I look forward to when I can start it again.


tkdquintmom said...

Sue I'm looking forward to your progess on this. So far it looks fantastic! I have this pattern as well. It's so cool!

Shelleen said...

you did a great job staining the fabric. I also have this pattern and want to stitch it this year